Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sorry to be MIA for Awhile


Nothing is really going on here other than the monotonous drone of recruiters' mouths. A while back, we discovered that John will need a waiver to get back in. WAIVER...as in the potential deal-breaker variety. He has continued to lose weight and get into shape to the point that the I need to post an after picture to the after picture I posted before. Haha!

So anyhow, we never expected it to be this difficult for a Marine with an impeccable service record to get back into the military. We have had correspondence with US senators, congressman, and even our state's governor. Blah! I am tired of dealing with the military, and I am not even the one reenlisting.


In the meantime, I am getting more and more frightened by the minute. Just about the time they will tell John he is good to go, even more hell is going to unleash in the Middle East. It's bad enough with Iraq and Afghenistan. What in the blue hell is going on with Pakistan and Iran and Turkey??? I am still waiting for this to be renamed World War III. As my good friend Tony pointed out, there are already more nations involved in this than were involved in WWII. I was freaking out about the reenlistment issue when it was just Iraq and Afghanistan. Now I just wanna smack John on the back of the head and ask what he was even thinking!


Other than that, work is blah, my kid is still rotten to the core, and life is mundane. I will have more to report later, as John is meeting with a A Few Good Men today in Louisville, Kentucky to run through a PFT and figure out where we need to go from here.

No comments: