Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Home Stretch

It has been months. The topic has dropped from conversation in the home. What about the Marine Corps? John has just a few more pounds to lose before he reaches the goal weight the recruiters have set for him. He has worked so diligently. If it were not for the awesome fried chicken available across the street from our home, he would probably already be there. In the meantime, the paperwork has been completed and is ready to be sent off. The PFT has been done. So he has just these few pounds and a visit to MEPS standing in his way.
I am nervous still. I do not know if I will be able to adapt to the life of a military spouse. I hope that I am strong enough. I just know that I am so proud of this man of mine. He looks great. He is more confident. He has reverted back to the John I married many years ago. For this, all I can say is God Bless the United States Marine Corps!

No comments: