Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tonight was #7

And the ER is attempting to go on diversion. In other words: Crazy as all Hell!
I actually was scheduled to be off at 11Pm tonight. With codes in the cath lab and patients in crisis all over the place, 2 out of the 4 ER's in Northern Kentucky already on diversion, and ours attempting to, I felt guilty leaving my coworkers in that mess. The problem is that I have literally worked 70 hours in 7 days. In over a week, I have not had a single day at home with my family, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and my anniversary. I am also scheduled for two more nights before I have any time off, and even then, it is only one day. I really needed to leave, so I did all I could to make it easier for the person relieving me of the units of the hospital to which I was assigned. On top of that, it has been a crazy night: patients falling, going MIA, ripping out picc lines. I am tired deep down in my bones. So now I am home. I miss John and Evan.

No comments: