Thursday, December 18, 2008

Which One?


I have decided that somewhere, amidst all of the madness, that the family needs a vacation. I need a vacation! John and I have been wanting to renew our vowels on one of our milestone anniversaries, since we pretty much eloped years ago and never had the romantic ceremony. I was going to have my dream wedding for the vowel renewal in a couple of years. But recently, I have been toying with the idea of going to one of the all-inclusive Caribbean resorts, just the two of us, for a little romantic getaway.
But then I did the dreaded thing: I checked on Disney rates. No, I do not want Mickey to be our officiant. But little Evan has never been to Disney, and the child wants to go so badly that he has even tried to register for flights online. (Thank God he does not know about my debit card, or the flights would be more of a reality!)
So I discover that for almost the same exact price, all three of us could take off to Orlando for some Disney fun. The price was only like $4K and included airfare, lodging, six days of park admission, car rental, and 3 meals plus 2 snacks a day for everyone. Basically I would have to take about $1K for spending, and that would be the only other expense. A romantic trip for John and I, to a Jamaican resort for 5 nights/ 6 days will run me about $8K if I do not skimp on the room I want. I could save about $3K here, but I want to be in luxury, not just so-so accomodations.
So I am sitting here and pondering the decision. I'm a Mom. 10 bucks says I end up choosing Disney.

No comments: