Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Want...



Sarah Palin's glasses. There, I admitted this publically. Well not really publically considering there are about 2 people who will read this. Good thing my annual eye exam is corresponding with our upcoming election, or what would I do?


So I am searching Sarah Palin online to look for a pic I can use to see these specs up close and personal. And I find all of this other stuff. I mean, unless you have had your head buried under a rock recently, you know all of the dirt that is spreading about this woman. Yes, I guess there are some family issues with her. Sure, okay, I give them that. But is there anyone out there without family issues??? And Don't get me wrong...I love Desperate Housewives. I don't plan my life around it or anything, but I like the show. As a matter of fact, when the show first came on the air and there was this crazy frenzy over it, I did this huge paper for one of my college courses speculating what America's love for the show said about us. But am I gonna pick a candidate because Eva Longoria doesn't like her.


So now while we are on this topic, there are some things that irritate the living hell out of me. Lack of Experience? Well, let me ask you this: are ANY of the candidates experienced at being POTUS? Last I checked, the answer to that is a big fat NO. I know they are referring to an overall lack of experience in politics, but still...And one of the celebrities on the site to which I linked even said she will be president. She is McCain's running mate. Yes, I realize this could mean she would one day be our Prez, and I realize, amidst all of the jokes, that John McCain is a little more advanced chronologically. But people are acting like he is going to kick the bucket tomorrow. C'mon, really??? The sad thing is that I do not know if Americans will disregard some of this hype, and a large amount of flying mud to make this decision we are all facing. Never underestimate the power of the American people to vote for Pretty Speeches. This scares the crap out of me. After all, I earn my money.


No comments: