Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Salvation

Just when you think the amount of stress in your life is going to completely break you....when you look at your child, and think to yourself "what am I going to do with him?"...When your to-do list has nothing even remotely enjoyable, but is rather a laundry list of the most mundane tasks which will require more time than you have available in a single day, even without sleep or work. That point, that speck of time...That is when a child, armed with nothing but a cheap Happy Meal toy, can do something to make it all just go away. In that second, you are just happy. You are laughing, joyous, smiling. Perhaps true happiness in life comes at a time when you can realize that these are the moments to live for. Despite the white hairs cropping up on my head which I am convinced are solely his doing, I love being this child's mother.

No comments: